Secrets of Asherah Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Sprites and Thoughts  (Read 405 times)

John

• View Profile
Sprites and Thoughts
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »

I was sitting here, wondering about my next coding project and making random sprites to get the creative process moving, so I figured I'd share them here. :P

This is a Strong Man (Mutant) and a Bog Wizard.

On a side note, I'm also thinking of the potential in (if I continue coding the browser based/new SoA client) combat based activities, such as boss runs, dungeons, and etc with a bit more of a structure to it. I have to be honest, I haven't worked on the client very much since the original game has been offline, aside from fixing bugs. The client is pretty much good to go though, as far as a basic engine goes.

That being said, I can pretty much code anything into the client. So.. really any input would be taken into consideration. :)

Cruise

• Hopefully touch up mapper (hint hint Asherah) hah
    • View Profile
Re: Sprites and Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:28:55 AM »

Nice sprites, not sure if this is off topic but have you thought of trying an android version of SoA? There has been some discussion about and android FSO client on the unfungames forums but idk if anything got done.

John

• View Profile
Re: Sprites and Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 06:39:48 AM »

Thanks for the feedback!

Also, I'm really only proficient with the Lingo language of Director, and a language called Assembly 6502. If I were to learn to code for android, it may be awhile before any real work would be released.

That being said, there -is- an option within Director 12 to create iOS apps, I believe. Maybe not entirely the targeted audience, but it could be a start. Asherah and I were talking about android apps, and I think for now it is out of my limitations. However, anything is possible. This leaves me wondering if I will start studying android coding again, lol. I can understand wanting a more portable version of a certain game.

Overall, I need to talk concept with the admins again. We can see what we want to do, if anything, with my expertise and take it from there, as far as the browser-based client goes. :)