Secrets of Asherah Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Astrophysics "Study Abroad" Trip to Chile  (Read 375 times)

Diredog

• Official Unofficial Chief Royal Astronomer
    • View Profile
Astrophysics "Study Abroad" Trip to Chile
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:17:29 AM »

So over the past few months, I've gone on intermittently about how I'm going to the Atacama desert in Chile for about a week and some change (10 days, really) to stare at stars.  I'm going to be touring the ALMA (Atacama Large Millimeter Array) facility, VLA (Very Large Array) facility, and the Paranal Observatory (hosting the VLT (Very Large Telescope)).  Besides these, we'll also be spending most of the time in-country staying at a lodge in the desert, using smaller scale telescopes (8 - 16 inches, MAYBE 20 at the most) to do observations of our own, and taking pictures of the sky/stuff in the telescope.

If anyone that still checks this would like to see pictures when I return, I will gladly overload/destroy Dropbox's servers with all the pictures I can bring back with me, to share with you all.

If not, I'll just balloon them up, print them out on the highest quality gloss paper, and stare at them endlessly until time ends.

Cheers!

-Diredog
I'm kind've awesome.

Dias

• View Profile
Re: Astrophysics "Study Abroad" Trip to Chile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »

Yeah sure, put up a few to share. :)

Diredog

• Official Unofficial Chief Royal Astronomer
    • View Profile
Re: Astrophysics "Study Abroad" Trip to Chile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »

Sure thing.  Be on the look out for a series of dropbox links around the 11th of May.
I'm kind've awesome.