Secrets of Asherah Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Browser-Based SoA Client - Updated  (Read 1117 times)

John

• View Profile
Browser-Based SoA Client - Updated
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:02:13 PM »

Heya!

So, I am thinking I will host the browser version of SoA from my website, soon. This way people can see if they like it so far, and maybe we can find some bugs I would not have otherwise found. I'm aware that it may be some time before the original game is online extensively, so I would like to offer this as a consolation. Lol.

Browser-based Server Offline
Link as of 7/4/2014
Stay tuned for more updates!

Feel free to log in, send me any bug reports, or etc in this thread. I will update the status of the server periodically.

Here is a screenshot of the new client, with a recent monster addition! (Bog Wizard)
Enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:29:55 AM by John »

Dias

• View Profile
Re: Browser-Based SoA Client - Updated
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:09:50 AM »

Sounds very interesting. I'm putting a lot of consideration in attempting to take a lot of the FSO lingo code and translate it to Java. I'll try to map out how the program functions and see how feasible that is (within a 1 year time frame)

John

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 03:40:35 PM »

Sounds very interesting. I'm putting a lot of consideration in attempting to take a lot of the FSO lingo code and translate it to Java. I'll try to map out how the program functions and see how feasible that is (within a 1 year time frame)

Now that would be interesting!

Dias

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »

Lingo seems to be an easy read language. The main complexity would be organizing the functions. Within the source I notice there's a lot of random little tidbits of code here and there.

I'll try to make an educated decision around the end of this weekend.

I'd like to see what you've been developing though ^-^ always curious how things work and don't work, how people think and organize projects etc.

John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »

Lingo seems to be an easy read language. The main complexity would be organizing the functions. Within the source I notice there's a lot of random little tidbits of code here and there.

I'll try to make an educated decision around the end of this weekend.

I'd like to see what you've been developing though ^-^ always curious how things work and don't work, how people think and organize projects etc.

Do you have a history in Director coding?

Also, I appreciate your interest in the client I'm developing. At the moment, I don't feel like it's my place to release it yet after all; Asherah and I have been talking about our goals in regards to this client, though, and we will announce when it is playable at a later date.

Dias

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »

I have experience with Actionscript, which Lingo is the predecessor of.

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »

Sorry about that - I'll let the comp rest and try it again in the morning. It seems to be able to last about 2 1/2 hours. Nice talking to you guys and take care!

John

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 04:17:54 PM »

Sorry about that - I'll let the comp rest and try it again in the morning. It seems to be able to last about 2 1/2 hours. Nice talking to you guys and take care!

Looking forward to seeing you again and chatting. I got the messages before the game went down (was afk when you typed them up.) Looking forward, as well, to the design of this new client!

In other news, the diagrams I said I would have for you by tomorrow will appear to be more like a rough storyboard. I will also send those when they are available. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:51:37 PM by John »

John

• View Profile
Skills
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »

Asherah, I sent you the document I made on skills. I'd love to hear what you think when you get the chance.  :)

John

• View Profile
Another update!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 04:41:48 PM »

The new client is coming along; I believe I just finished fixing any bugs that were apparent during the last couple tests. Here's a quick report:

• Fixed a bug where player "paths" would interrupt one another from time to time
  • Fixed exits, warps, and typical screen changes, such as when entering a building, or walking to the edge of the map

Other than that, some serverside stuff, but so far so good.  8)

Dias

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 06:15:04 PM »

Very nice. :) Been doing a bit of much needed home computer maintenance. Other than that, doing a bit of research on types of methods of CPU cooling.

That and finding a better method than using bookmarks as documentation of information. XD

John

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 07:02:40 PM »

Sounds good! :D