Secrets of Asherah Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: OMG!? Where have you been!!!  (Read 2978 times)

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OMG!? Where have you been!!!
« on: July 01, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »

So, Dias will remember a really nice late-night conversation around the first of March during a storm, when the comp crashed three or four times and I told him, "The next time it crashes, I'm not going to try to put it back up." For a few days, I meant. So much for "limited access". I did back everything up and all the data is perfectly safe as of a couple of minutes before the last crash. Not that any of YOU will really care all that much because none of you were seriously PLAYING the game (except Apoc who had almost completely maxed everything naturally, which is, like, the first time in history that's ever happened).

So it's been uh..."a few days", right?

March 1 to July 1 is "a few days", isn't it?

In addition to yet another comp (they simply don't make 'em like they used to) (and, honestly, "normal PCs" are not intended to run at 100% capacity 24 hours a day), we have lost several important members of the community. Others have had a few changes in priorities and can't be as involved as they were before.

I HAVE MISSED YOU GUYS

Dire - I want to hear about Chile in much detail
Cruise - How are you and your brother doing?
Linc - What the heck can I say!? I miss you and you all your 4,395 siblings and cousins
Apoc - I think about you very often
Revious - So many things to talk to you about
Dias - Beautiful story. I knew you had it in you
Noodle - Haven't heard from you in a while - it's good to see you.
John - The door is always open (except when it's not). Thanks for the email
Stef - ... Message me.

(And others. Apparently Nightrider was on the other forum and someone named OhPaigey, though I can't remember who that is.)

For those of you in or out of the loop
I talked to Jaemes from England a few weeks ago - he's very good, every bit as delightful as ever.

Avi's fine - he's working many hours a week and in the MA program at (some prestigious university in the Netherlands although I've forgotten which). Every two or three weeks, I say, "Hey should we put the game back up?" and he says, "I don't know, what do you think?" and I say, "I don't know, what do YOU think" and then we talk about something else.

Ein is also fine - he's working MANY hours at a university NOT in the Netherlands. Every two or three weeks, I say, "Hey should we put the game back up?" and he says, "I don't know, what do you think?" and I say, "I don't know, what do YOU think" and then we talk about something else.

One of the the things about the game is whatever else it is, it's the most adorable chat room ever. We COULD use IRC, but nobody WANTS to use IRC. There's something about talking on the game (and maybe doing a little mining, or farming or trying to hack items) that makes it somehow MORE satisfying than other available modes of chat. And I LOVE the game. I do! I LOVE walking around doing...you know, THINGS on the game.

So what do YOU guys want?

(Please note - if you send me an email from here it, I can see your email address but not a name. Please be sure to sign it since I often don't recognize your addresses!)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:34:15 AM by Asherah »

Dias

• View Profile
Re: OMG!? Where have you been!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:59:27 AM »

I'd like Secrets of Asherah to be available for gameplay. Secrets of Asherah is one of the few games where i'm capable of being productive in a stress-free environment.

I've stopped playing the majority of the time consuming games. There's going to be a fair amount LOT of extra time as I start preparations for future endeavours in life.

The story of SoA is still in progress, I recently had a bit of a mathematical distraction. More like an argument but it's over the concept of infinity so yeah..
I'll be making an interesting type of plot layout for the story, to organize myself while writing. Otherwise i'll be rethinking ideas 50% of the time and deleting 99% of what I type due to the amount of off-topic subjects that could be written. I'll likely keep the two different worlds to relate and emphasize the gameplay experience of Secrets of Asherah (at least for me).

John

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »

I don't know where to begin. So good to see some activity here.

It dawned on me, just a few days ago, that I really want to work with you guys and enjoy the community of Secrets of Asherah. I remember getting stressed over terms of payment and such in regards to the client I designed from scratch. Rookie misunderstanding on my part, for never having sold or even received payment for any intellectual property. ^^;

I realize now that if I were to have any hand in the development of Secrets of Asherah, or really, a game and community that I have always loved, one that -inspired- me to code and design to begin with.. I think that's really what's important. Not how much I'd see in return, but the quality of time spent.

I'd have to say that all my time spent here was great, and I think I overwhelmed myself, wanting to start my own business and etc.
Looking forward to the game being up, which seems like a promising notion if I have understood correctly.

Cruise

• Hopefully touch up mapper (hint hint Asherah) hah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »

I would like to see SoA back up, as It was my little distraction from the world and other things. When I wasn't playing Call of Duty or GTA or...sleeping? lol I was playing SoA and having pretty good chats with pretty much every person I saw on. (It seemed I was friends with every player)

Anyways, Me and my bro are good :) I just moved to Queensland on a tropical island in a little caravan park right next to the beach ^_^. It is good to see people are still keeping track of Secrets of Asherah.

Side Note - OH! btw Dias, will you perhaps include other players in the story?

Dias

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 06:04:01 PM »

I'm glad you asked. I was/have been pondering whether to add all of the characters who have played up to now until I realized the amount i'd have to include. I then wondered if I should just select those I remembered. Then I thought perhaps i'd have a thread with people requesting to be included.

All in all it'll be a mix of choices. I'll add people with distinctive personalities (to me) here and there. If people want to be included I can include them, though I might need a bit of background personality of gameplay to get an idea how to present them in the story. (i.e. Deadman/Apoc being demi-gods, Avian being Avian (Yay Gryphons ^-^ *tweet*). I'll try to add in a majority of the outstanding regulars. I might take a bit of searching of the names, and a lot of recalling of memories.

Cruise

• Hopefully touch up mapper (hint hint Asherah) hah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 06:27:05 PM »

Oh okay cool  :)

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 08:40:37 AM »

I'll see if I can get the game online today.

Okay, currently I am standing on the road to Keld, inspecting some airship pads. They seem to be in good shape.

The computer, however, is making ominous clicking sounds.

You will need Asherah 1.63 to log on.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:15:26 AM by Asherah »

John

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 09:25:59 AM »

Having trouble connecting to the server.  :-X

It appears as though it takes a little longer for the connection to time out compared to if the server was down though.

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »

Yeeeah...

Okay, so DIAS WAS ON! (Which is funny, because he was the last person on in March.)

By the time I switched screens to say hello, though, the comp crashed.

Bah.

John

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »

Bummer.  :(

Well, thanks for trying.  :D

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 09:35:54 AM »

Maybe I'll try it one more time...

Revious

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 10:15:56 AM »

So sorry for disappearing. I've had some changes to my work responsibilities that are keeping me pretty tied up. Drop me a line at my rocketmail account. revious@

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »

SO, so we were on about 45 minutes! That's a record for...recently...

I'll put it back up maybe for a bit tonight and then again in the morning.

Revious, you know I'm the world's worst line dropper! It's good to see you. Come around when you have time...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:38:31 AM by Asherah »

Dias

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 10:55:06 AM »

@Asherah

Alternating from dual socket to single socket works.

The computer runs at about 50-70% CPU Usage (if we're including the client). Which isn't that horrendous.

Temperature is about 70C which is expected, i'm using the default cooling system (3 fans) which could be improved.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:03:18 AM by Dias »

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »

We are currently online!
Pages: [1] 2 3