Secrets of Asherah Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Asherahn Adventures  (Read 404 times)

Dias

• View Profile
Asherahn Adventures
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:02:16 PM »

Chapter One
           To Forp or Not to Forp

Scanning the medieval style of graphics in Secrets of Asherah from a bird's eye viewpoint, I notice a cobblestone road likely leading to a town. Various trees and shrubs containing a variety of berries are on the map, along with a variety of rocks and boulders resting upon the earth. This is good, there is significantly less chance to draw attention. I open up the chat command service. Looking at the chat log, I type a teleportation command. "Dias Typed: program.file.Data.Character.send(Character(Dias)) to program.file.Area(Secret_Admin_Lounge)" slowly the particles of teleportation begin to envelope my character's sprites. "Yes, I have done it!I am immortal!!" I whisper with my heart racing, excitement flows through my body. I notice the particles starting to slowly dissipate from my character, causing feelings of unease. My hands cold, my body shivering, heart beating rapidly, I look at the script. Everything should have worked. "Why isn't this-" the sound of thunder rolls through the room, and an individual in a well donned black suit appears from thin -or perhaps thick for some- air into the map area of the character's position. Hairs on my neck raising like a tree reaching for sunlight, my entire body stiffens. Light teleportation particles casually flicker off the shoulders of the administrator's suit, a professional figure standing tall and proud, I look at the chat log. "Kaneda Typed: Have you been cheating, Dias?" fear flows through my entire frame, I struggle to breathe. Looking into the shimmering violet eyes of scrutiny and witty intellect, I respond to the question. Relaxing myself, I check the chat log, and I lie. "Dias Typed:  ........ no. >__>.... <__<" a smirk crosses my face. Certainly this will work. There is no way she would know of my ruse- the chat log updates, grabbing my attention from the maze of thoughts. "Kaneda Typed: "You're lying." from smirk to sheer terror, I roll back from the computer chair. The sound of thunder rolls through the room again, and lighting strikes my chest through the computer monitor. Sitting up straight, breathing heavily I wake to find myself still rested upon the rock, a knee high blue slime slowly shuckling toward my dark brown leather backpack. Its intent most likely to attempt to devour some of the contents within. "Thank goodness, it was just a dream. What a horrible world to think of! I'd better lay off the healing herbs for a while." with that statement to myself I proceed to gather my backpack, much to the slime's discontent, and begin continue on with the journey to Raventhorpe. The sun warming my back, the fresh scent of bread filling my nostrils, the gentle sway of the current of the wind gently guiding me towards my goal. I smile, today is certainly a day where the elements are in our favour. Guilt begins to pull upon my soul. Everything certainly is going well for an enriched and lucky adventurer such as myself, but this little blue slime certainly has seen better days. I search through my backpack and gather a small sample of bread, uncurling my hand I angle my wrist just enough to allow gravity to gently pull the bread to the ground, the impact of landing causing a slight bounce. “FORP” the sound of burbling coming from the slime, likely due to the frustration of losing an opportunity of digestion. After a few moments the little slime detects the bit of pastry and at a sloth-like pace slowly rolls over the source of carbohydrates. Leaving a trail of slimy ooze, I create a mental note of that fact. This will be a good way of detecting the living and hunting area of other, larger slime creatures. Speaking gently, to not disturb the creature's digesting, I say: “Nom Nom indeed, good sir or ma'am. Please do remember this gesture when you're capable of absorbing half a village”. Though that's certainly an exaggeration for the average slime, an adventurer can never remember too many countermeasures.

~ The path to knowledge is often found after the battle of discovery.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:25:55 AM by Dias »

Diredog

• Official Unofficial Chief Royal Astronomer
    • View Profile
Re: Asherahn Adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:43:10 PM »

Good lord that was amazing.  MORE, I DEMAND IT AS THE CHIEF ROYAL ASTRONOMER!  Haha, but no, really, that was awesome.
I'm kind've awesome.

Cruise

• Hopefully touch up mapper (hint hint Asherah) hah
    • View Profile
Re: Asherahn Adventures
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 07:43:49 PM »

Amazing work Dias! I myself have thought about righting a mini booklet of sorts about games but never had the talent for writing, (although I did a few pages about Skyrim, but are long gone now). We will be waiting with anticipation on the 2nd chapter! :)