News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: OUTAGE  (Read 315 times)

Asherah

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OUTAGE
« on: November 27, 2013, 07:15:28 AM »

So sometime today we will be offline so I can start the rather unpleasant process of rewiring everything that has blown out in the last few months. I'm starting with the kitchen because tomorrow is that favorite traditional American holiday BSCDOTYBTBSSDOTY (Biggest Single Cooking Day of the Year Before The Biggest Single Shopping Day of the Year).  I'm a little nervous about this, honestly. Despite making jokes that I'm likely to short out half the midwest, disrupt the traffic grid in all the larger cities within two hours of here and cause meltdowns at two nearby reactors, I'm pretty sure (hoping, rather) it will be a simply open and shut deal.

Thanks to you guys and your generosity, I've been able to start getting the things I need to fix these little "issues".  It means a lot to me.

Two very nice and totally unexpected gifts this week from Troqus and Dias. You guys are amazing. I think everybody knows how much I love the game, and I'm surprised and delighted when you guys show how much you care about it too.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to try to stabilize things as much as possible (still haven't completely repaired the stuff that happened during the storm last week) and looking forward to another ten years (at least) of the game.

So if you're in the middle part of North America and your electricity goes out today - it's probably my fault.  Thanks for your patience.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:10:34 AM by Asherah »

Rowdyy

• View Profile
Re: OUTAGE
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 09:50:51 PM »

Oh good.. I'm a little west of "Middle" so I should be safe from the outages..

However, there is no such thing as bad publicity. If you blow up half the US in name of Secrets of Asherah the community would be growing immensely then. Not saying you should actually do something like this... But on the other hand... If nobody claims the next big "attack" then maybe we should claim it.. Just some food (turkey perhaps?) for thought. ;)